Thursday, August 9, 2007

Burnout?

As you may know from my last update, I had my big tournament a week ago. I kept a positive attitude the whole way, but still went out around 23rd with 54 entries. I went card dead for almost 2 hours. I bled from 13K in chips to 5K in chips before I pushed on the button with K5 and hoping to take down the blinds. Both called and the SB knocked us both out with A4.

I really wasnt that upset. It was a fun tournament, and I just could get rolling. After that, I decided to play in a side cash game. I went down 2 buy ins immediately and began to get frustrated. I then made a huge turn around and built up my stack to 8 buy ins before disaster set in. I lost 6 hands in a row that busted me out and another buy in. All 6 hands, I flopped the nuts, got all the money in on the turn, and my opponent sucked out on the river.

At this point, I was extremely frustrated and upset. I left the place with such a bad attitude that I decided it was time for a break from cards. I was getting wrapped up in trying to force good things to happen, and that is usually when it all falls apart. I really think I burned myself out that night. So I have pretty much taken the week off, but more like a golfer takes off. I still played a couple of small cash games this week, but only sat down for a total of 3.5 hours. I made $200 combined sessions and was happy to go do something else. I will probably get back on the train in a week, but I do have a $14K freeroll to play in this Saturday. I am playing for a friend, so we get to split the winnings. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

GeneD said...

Come on brother...dust yourself off...adjust your hat...grit your teeth...and get back on that horse.

I know its brutal...Just remember its all just one big poker game.
Peace
Gened