Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Back in the Saddle

I feel bad for having two blogs in a row apologizing for not keeping up my blog weekly. I am not going to promise to keep it up weekly in this post as I failed to live up to that promise after the last one. I do intend to post more entries in the coming weeks as I have a lot going on in my poker world. Thank you to those who have continued to check back and then remind me that I have been a slacker!

Some highlights from my recent poker play.

I have final tables at least four tournaments the past month. All have been relatively small (30-50 people and $100 buy ins), but it feels good to have my tournament game getting back into shape. Until recently, I think I was letting bad beats interfere with my patience in tournament play. I am playing in another one of these tonight, and hope to break the 3 way tie on the leaderboard for this particular tournament series.

I have been playing cash games about twice a week as well. I am up and down in these, but overall, I am slightly up. I have fallen victim to the cantgetupwhenahead disease! With the exception of one session in the last 45 days, I have been ahead by at least double my buy in, but couldn't pull myself off of the table. I think it is more difficult for me to be ahead $900 at one point and leave when I bleed back down to only being up $100, than to drop $900 out of the gate and leave. There is nothing more frustrating to me than to give up a big stack after being ahead. I am working on a cure for this disease, so if any of you have a remedy, please let me know. :)

I plan on playing at least 5 tournaments a month leading up to Tunica in January. If you haven't been to the WPO at the Gold Strike in Tunica, you are missing my favorite tournament series of the year. If you want to get in a great cash game or tournament with me, plan on spending January in Mississippi. I wont miss it!

1 comment:

David said...

can't get up when ahead? the only cure is to cap your upside by committing to leave as soon as you go up $200, or $400. Another thing I notice is that happens to me when I show up and play cash games longer than 4 hours. If I play 2-4 hours, I come home a winner. When I get past 4.5 hours, it's a guarantee that I'll stretch it out to a 6-8 hour losing session.